Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified;
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent; and
(c) have completed at least two years of relevant professional experience or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 75 credits at 300-level;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
4. The Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is awarded without an endorsement.
5. In cases of sufficient merit, the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety may be awarded with distinction or merit provided that the programme of study does not extend beyond 36 months of part-time study.
6. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Qualifications will apply.
7. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
9. All candidates commencing study towards the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety on or after 1 January 2017 must satisfy the requirements specified in these regulations.
10. All candidates who commenced study towards the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health prior to 1 January 2017 may complete under the Graduate Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health regulations in the 2016 Massey University Calendar until 31 December 2020.
11. In all cases candidates must complete the qualification within the timeframes for completion as specified in the Completion Requirements.
12. These transition arrangements expire in 2020.
|128.300||Ergonomics/Human Factors: Work, Performance, Health and Design||15 credits|
|251.271||Occupational Health and Safety I||15 credits|
|251.272||Occupational Health and Safety II||15 credits|
|251.370||Health and Safety Auditing||15 credits|
|251.372||Occupational Hygiene||15 credits||P 251.271 and 251.272 or 114.271 and 114.272|
|251.374||Project in Occupational Health and Safety||15 credits||P 251.271 and 251.272 or 114.271 and 114.272|
|114.240||Organisational Behaviour||15 credits|
|114.254||Employment Relations||15 credits|
|128.200||Healthy Workplace Design||15 credits|
|214.312||Environmental Monitoring and Investigative Methods||15 credits|
|214.316||Bio-Physical Effects of Noise and Vibration||15 credits|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018