Skip to Content
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Journalism Studies requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for an undergraduate degree or an equivalent qualification; or
(c) have been admitted to the qualification on the basis of equivalent relevant professional experience.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Journalism Studies shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification;
(b) at least 120 credits above 100 level of which at least 75 credits must be at 300 level;
(c) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, up to 30 credits at 200 level may be cross-credited from a completed Massey University qualification provided that the course is listed in the Schedule to the Graduate Diploma in Journalism Studies.
4. The Graduate Diploma in Journalism Studies is awarded without specialisation.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Certificate in Business Studies should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
|219.204||News Media and Society||15 credits||R 114.264|
|219.231||News Media Reporting||15 credits||P 219.108|
|219.234||Editing & Publishing||15 credits|
|219.305||Public Relations Management||15 credits||P 219.209 R 114.363|
|219.335||Media Law and Ethics||15 credits||R 219.331|
|219.336||Researching Journalism||15 credits|
|219.339||History of Journalism||15 credits|
|219.340||Feature Writing and Freelancing||15 credits||P 219.231 R 219.232|
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 06 November 2018